Monday, June 12, 2006

crossing boarders

Weekend First list:

First Trip to Mexico - (check!)
First head-under-water for-real swimming in the Pacific Ocean - (check!)
First two-night/two-day-long beach party with constant bass beat background - (check!)
First 3.5 hour wait in Tijuana to enter the United States - (check!)

My weekend was full of fantastic things including fun friends, tacos, lots of bottled water, no showering, fire dancers, electronica/techno, sun, sand everywhere, my new swimming suit, a few games of pool, sunscreen, sarongs, dancing, dancing, photographs, costumed people, a free breakfast burrito at 6:45 AM on Saturday, sand-dollars, Advil cold/sinus multisymptom, vitamin C, cough drops, kleenex, flip flops, my little blue camping tent, straw cowboy hat, sunglasses, tiny lanterns from the $1 section at Target, many layers of clothing at nightime, big Pacific ocean waves, sand sculptures, napping in a portable hammock, tiki torches, a never ending game of Uno, good vibes.

I'm back and I survived and I'm not scared of Mexico anymore.

: )

Another irrational fear has been squashed.

Have a nice day.

3 comments:

Funkmeister said...

now, if you could only ride the nyc subway alone!!!! (baby steps, huh?)

Squaresville said...

Come on, I've done it in Boston, London and LA. Don't that count for nothin', Funk?

Funkmeister said...

that's like sticking your tow in the shallow end!!!!