Monday, July 10, 2006

cellobratory



This is my uncle Yendor who treated me to breakfast on July 1st in a diner at a tiny airfield in Upland, CA. I was on my way farther inland and was able to cross paths with him before he wrapped up things with his cello workshop in Claremont.
After breakfast, we looked at some planes. I had no idea they were so light and plastic-y.

---


In other news, I saw the David Hockney exibit at the LACMA today w/ Joan & Rosalie. It was good. I enjoyed his potography stuff the best. I'm always so reluctant to go to art museums, but once I get there I do feel inspired.

Then I came home, puttered around, and wrote my first song on the guitar.

---


In still other news: on recommendation, I purchased "The Time Travelers's Wife". That's right folks, I will read a whole grown-up 500+ page BOOK. Or will I? no, no, I will. I will.

1 comment:

Spencer said...

This continues to be one of my favorite books of the last 10 years so I do hope you will read it. I also recently finished "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" which was just as inspiring in its own sweet way - both books are heartbreaking and yet at the same time heart warming. Right now I'm reading "Vernon God Little" which is less resonant, but really well written.