A special thank you goes out to Mr. Wright who last night endured a 45 minute drive; suffered through a dinner of sake-induced ramblings about the death of my mother; survived a fall into the Gap; and emerged triumphant from Busters after beating me soundly at some bad (but clean!) pool. And to his credit, it's not just anyone who will hug you after you have been hugged by someone else who stinks so badly that their sweaty-man-scent remains on your shirt as an oderific reminder of sincere condolences.
My favorite sound bite of the evening:
me: "if we go to the mall, we have to run into the Gap"
him: "if we go the gap, I have to have a cigarette on the way over"
---------------
Today's house rules for getting through Wednesday, March 16, 2005.
Sleep in.
Sip tea.
Walk around the house making bold statements about your pajamas becoming permanent attire.
Watch at least 6 episodes of Sex And The City (season 4)
Sign for flower deliveries.
Eat salads.
Wait for your mom to come into the kitchen and fuss about all the fruit sitting on the counter.
Remember she's not going to come.
Cry a little.
Eat some grapes.
Contemplate taking a shower.
Pep yourself up to drive out to the hotel to play with pre-teen cousins who are visiting because you must remember that you are a grown-up person with responsibilities and they are just kids who have lost a very nice aunt.
The best thing about today: when people ask how you are and you reply by saying "I've decided to answer the door all day in my pajamas!" and they respond with "good for you!" and they sound like they mean it.
Wednesday, March 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I loved your description of the lingering smells… so true!
and as for spending all day in your jammies, well I know some young cousins who go to school in them… and if I could go to work in mine, I would… (actually, I have but it was Halloween…)
Post a Comment